Teachers: Mrs Ervine and Mrs Lead
Teaching Assistants: Ms Daniels, Ms Newing and Ms Andrews
This page is dedicated to all the exciting things we will be doing in class this year.
Term 5 2021
To our dear Fledglings,
Welcome back to term 5 in Fledglings. We hope you all enjoyed the Easter Holidays and had a well-deserved break. Isn’t it wonderful to see the sunshine now (even if it still a little chilly!!) and can we just take this opportunity to remind you to please ensure your child has a good coating of sun cream before they come to school (and cream in their bag to top up if necessary) a named sunhat and a bottle of water are also essential for these warmer days. Thank you.
· Projects, Plans and Routines – This term our learning will be based around the topic of ‘Planting and Growing’. The children will be taking part in lots of exciting and challenging activities including;
* Planting seeds, watching them grow and naming the different parts of the plants.
* Reading, listening to, sequencing and re-enacting stories such as ‘Titch’, ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’ and ‘The Tiny Seed’.
* Using these well-known and well-loved stories as inspiration for our own writing.
* Using the nature garden and school grounds to notice the changes in the trees and plants around us.
* Using seeds and plants as a springboard for a variety of counting, adding and subtracting activities and hopefully our growing plants will provide some exciting measuring opportunities too!
· Reception Reading and Phonics – Our daily phonics sessions will continue to take place during the morning for our Reception children and we will continue to send home the letters and sounds that we are working on in school so that you can practise them at home too. We are working on phase 3 sounds and there are lots of digraphs and even trigraphs to learn!
Can we please ask that your child continues to bring their reading folder into school EVERY DAY, so that we can use the books at school too and change them regularly. Thank you.
· Spare Clothes and Welly Boots – Please remember we are a very hands on and messy Early Years Setting! It would be very helpful if you could please provide a spare set of clothes for your child to change into if they get wet or dirty. Please also send in a pair of NAMED welly boots that can stay at school.
P.E. – Reception children will continue to take part in a P.E. session on Friday mornings. Please make sure your Reception child comes to school WEARING their P.E. kit on Friday and remember to remove their jewellery and tie back long hair. Thank you.
Thank you for your continued support, please do make an appointment to come and see us if you have any worries or concerns, alternatively speak to the office and we can phone you and have a chat at the end of the day.
With love from, Mrs Ervine, Mrs Lead, Sarah, Jane, Davina and Kim xxxxxx
Please click on the links below to access the remote learning resources for the appropriate week of the school closure.
Below you will find extra links to websites and documents which will give you additional guidance on organising some focussed learning at home if you choose.
Starting with a Story - visit White Rose Maths for some activities based on stories.