Teachers: Mrs Ervine and Mrs Lead
Teaching Assistants: Ms Daniels, Mrs Smart-Wood, and Ms Andrews
This page is dedicated to all the exciting things we will be doing in class this year.
Term 4 2024
Newsletter for Term 4
Welcome back to Term 4 in Fledglings…unbelievably we are now over half way through the academic year and we are happy to see that all of our children are well settled and making great progress. We look forward to an exciting few weeks ahead welcoming in the Season of Spring and finding out what happens in the natural world at this time of the year. We would like to extend a very warm welcome to the new children and their families who have joined us recently; Lyanna has started in our very busy Nursery group and is settling in happily.
· Projects, Plans and Routines – This term we are continuing to find out about the festival of Chinese New Year. We will also enjoy discovering what happens in the beautiful season of Spring; we will visit the Nature Garden lots and take part in nature walks around the school grounds and beyond to see what is happening in the natural world at this time of the year…hopefully we will spot spring flowers and blossom blooming, plants and trees growing, birds busily building their nests and frogspawn hatching in the school pond. We will also join the main school to celebrate World Book Day, Diversity Week and the Christian Festival of Easter. We are going to be very busy!!!
· Reception Reading and Phonics – Our daily phonics sessions will continue to take place during the morning for our Reception children. We are working on consolidating our phase 3 sounds and words as there are lots of digraphs and even trigraphs to learn! Thank you to all of our parents and carers who are supporting their children so well with both their phonics and reading work; it makes such a difference to the progress your child will be able to make. Please remember reading books are changed on Mondays and Thursdays and it is most helpful if parents can sign in the yellow contact book so that we know children have read/finished with the book. Thank you.
· Spare Clothes, Welly Boots and Water Bottles – Please remember we are a very practical and messy Early Years Setting! It is very helpful if you can provide a spare set of clothes for your child to change into if they get wet or dirty. Please also send in a pair of NAMED welly boots (and socks!) that can stay at school if possible.
Please also remember to equip your child with a NAMED bottle of water so that we can encourage all of the children to drink plenty throughout the day. Thank you.
· P.E. – Reception children will continue to take part in P.E. sessions on Monday and Friday mornings. Please make sure your child comes into school wearing their P.E. kit on those days and either wear or bring suitable plimsolls/trainers for indoor P.E. sessions. Please also leave any jewellery at home and tie back long hair. Thank you.
Thank you all once again for your continued support, please feel free to make an appointment to come and see us if you have any worries or concerns, alternatively you can speak to the office and we can phone you and have a chat at the end of the day.
Mrs Ervine and Mrs Lead (EYFS Teachers)
Sarah Daniels, Sammy Smart-Wood, Davina Andrews and Gemma Minter (EYFS Teaching Assistants)
Kim Humphries and Caroline Duggan (Midday and Additional/1-1 Support Assistants)
Upcoming Dates for Fledglings EYFS Class –
· Thursday 7th March – World Book Day – come to school wearing your pyjamas, bring your teddy and a favourite book.
· Monday 18th March – Diversity Week at school, we will be finding out about different cultures in various continents across the world.
· Tuesday 26th March – EYFS visit to St Nicholas Church for an (age appropriate) Easter Service.
· Thursday 28th March – Last day of Term 4 – Easter Activities at School.
· Monday 15th April – Term 5 begins.
Below you will find extra links to websites and documents which will give you additional guidance on organising some focussed learning at home if you choose.
Starting with a Story - visit White Rose Maths for some activities based on stories.