Teachers: Mrs Ervine and Mrs Lead
Teaching Assistants: Ms Daniels, Mrs Morris, Ms Maxted and Ms Andrews
This page is dedicated to all the exciting things we will be doing in class this year.
Term 1 2021
To our dear Fledglings,
Welcome back to term 1 in Fledglings.
· Projects, Plans and Routines – This term our learning will be based around the topic of ‘Getting to know you’. The children will be taking part in lots of exciting and challenging activities.
* Reading and listening to stories all about starting school
* Looking at the lifecycle of a sunflower
* Using the nature garden and school grounds to notice the changes in the trees and plants around us.
· Reception Reading and Phonics – Our daily phonics sessions will take place during the morning for our Reception children and we will continue to send home the letters and sounds that we are working on in school so that you can practise them at home too.
Can we please ask that your child continues to bring their reading folder into school EVERY DAY, so that we can use the books at school too and change them regularly. Thank you.
· Spare Clothes and Welly Boots – Please remember we are a very hands on and messy Early Years Setting! It would be very helpful if you could please provide a spare set of clothes for your child to change into if they get wet or dirty. Please also send in a pair of NAMED welly boots that can stay at school.
P.E. – Reception children will continue to take part in a P.E. session on Friday mornings. Please make sure your Reception child comes to school WEARING their P.E. kit on Friday and remember to remove their jewellery and tie back long hair. Thank you.
Thank you for your continued support, please do make an appointment to come and see us if you have any worries or concerns, alternatively speak to the office and we can phone you and have a chat at the end of the day
With love from, Mrs Ervine, Mrs Lead, Sarah, Nicola, Tanya, Davina and Kim xxxxxx
Please click on the links below to access the remote learning resources for the appropriate week of the school closure.
Below you will find extra links to websites and documents which will give you additional guidance on organising some focussed learning at home if you choose.
Starting with a Story - visit White Rose Maths for some activities based on stories.